Adeva’s Sarah de Quant recently co-hosted a webinar with Claude-Vincent Gillard of Bureau van Dijk on bank capital where they talked about the challenges and solutions sought by banks to meet capital requirements.
The presentation looked at financial indicators from Orbis Banks Focus that showcase management actions and discussed whether the high levels of total loss absorbing capital should give us comfort or concern. The topics covered by the webinar include:
- The CAMELS framework and the Orbis Banks Focus ratios
- Perspectives on Capital: regulatory, economic and market
- Case studies:
- European Banks: Monte dei Paschi and RBS
- American Bank: US Bancorp
- Emerging markets: China, India, Nigeria
As well as exploring the key capital ratios for banks in different market, Sarah and Claude-Vincent also answered questions from the live audience.
For further insight into the multifaceted issues you must look at when analysing the credit standing of a bank, consider using one of our eWorkbooks.