Our clients are global commercial and investment banks, multi-lateral development banks, regional banks, insurers and investors.
CASE STUDY: CREDIT RISK CURRICULUM AND CERTIFICATION
Client: Global bank focused on emerging markets with presence in over 50 countries
Our client has a deep commitment to a formalised risk curriculum – with training and certification embedded in their risk governance framework. We are their preferred supplier for their corporate and financial institutions credit risk certification programmes:
- Core credit certification programmes: a mandatory requirement for bankers and risk approvers to be granted credit decision making responsibilities.
- Credit risk programme for senior managers.
Agile Transformation of the Learning Experience
We have lead projects with the client to redesign their certification programmes and provide a high-impact blended learning experience:
- Digital transformation: programmes are 50% self-paced, leveraging our technology and digital learning libraries, and delivered on a portal with the client’s branding.
- Content redesign: training has a stronger focus on application and practice and certification is more efficient and rigorous.
- Converted all workshops to interactive virtual tutorials, enabling delivery to multiple locations in a modular format that fits with the participant’s busy work schedule.
Relationship managers; credit analysts; new hires into senior management roles; senior risk approvers; chief risk officers at branch and subsidiary level around the world.
- Common framework of analysis and shared understanding of risk in the bank – participants are better equipped for more meaningful conversations internally and with clients.
- Empowers senior managers to represent the bank in discussions with local regulators, customers and other stakeholders with regard to risk and regulatory issues.
- Programme structure enables participants to tailor their learning journey based on their prior knowledge, expertise and experience.
- Blended learning: includes diagnostic tools, comprehensive eLearning and online assessment.
- Evaluation based on written case studies, case study presentations and technical assessments.
- Practical case study challenges to encourage exchange of ideas and deeper discussion about the bank’s risk strategy and practices.
CASE STUDY: FLAGSHIP PROGRAMME FOR SENIOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGERS
Client: Globally significant bank with operations in all regions across the world
This client recognised inconsistency in credit skills across their senior relationship manager population. They sought an intensive credit programme that would enable proactive credit management from the first line of defense and catalyse a change in credit culture across the organisation.
We collaborated with senior SMEs and Credit Officers to devise a global case-study based program. This intensive program equips RMs with a structured approach and a consistent understanding of key issues which impact creditworthiness, thus enabling them to deepen their analysis, while being focused and time efficient in preparing and communicating credit judgement.
This is an excellent course and has immense value, by far the most beneficial course I have taken at the bank in 8 years. Amazing to share different banking views with colleagues from around the world – immensely beneficial.
- Group case studies: preparation, presentation to senior management, feedback and evaluation
- Blended learning: online learning; case studies; intense 5-day workshop
- Rich experience: guest speakers; networking with peers across global office
The program demonstrated how to use analytic skills to:
- Engage in more meaningful discussions with clients to uncover business opportunities and solve challenges, e.g., working capital management.
- Identify early signs of credit deterioration.
- Add value to the credit process by anticipating and addressing credit concerns.
- Justify exposure limits in context of the bank’s risk policy and strategy.
- Assess broader risks: ESG, subordination, etc.
- Mentor junior colleagues.
CASE STUDY: TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR BANKING REGULATORS
Client: Leading European regulator and Central Bank
Adeva won a contract in 2014 to deliver a broad and progressive curriculum covering bank analysis, liquidity and capital management. Our training is designed to equip supervisors to review bank financial strength, resilience and identify areas of due diligence.
Our design takes a building block approach, using blended learning elements to the support the differing levels of experience and stages of career at the organization.
We have also delivered specialist workshops for Central Bankers equipping them to evaluate the risk faced in their own market activities (ALM, collateral management and bond purchases).
Very good course, exceeded my expectations. Comfortable and interactive environment. Trainers very articulate. Enjoyed it! Real life examples were useful in setting context.
Drawing on our experience training banks and other regulators, we delivered a customised curriculum that:
- Recognises the unique responsibility of supervisors in identifying forward looking risks to safety and soundness and overall financial stability.
- Equips supervisors with both the technical and leadership skills required to evaluate the risks faced by banks, probe the strength of mitigations and challenge where required.
- Focuses on the ability to apply a structured approach to risk which is responsive to different business models, evolving macro situations and is both pragmatic and prudent.
The training is designed to build gradually in intensity and develop a practical application of concepts:
- An online diagnostic assessment can be taken at the outset to measure prior knowledge and identify areas where participants need to focus their learning efforts.
- Self-paced learning enables participants to absorb theory and technical concepts at their own pace outside the classroom.
- In workshops, case studies are used to practice a structured analytic approach to evaluate and monitor risk in banks.
- Post-course assignments help supervisors link the training to the work they do with their own portfolio using regulatory reporting.